Invisalign® Revolutionizes Orthodontics
For patients seeking to correct the appearance of their teeth, metal braces have long been the method of choice: this common orthodontic treatment involves frequent adjustments and tightening of brackets, often resulting in pain and discomfort. Adults may not desire a metallic-looking smile that some associate with adolescence.
Most patients would probably agree that if there was a method of correcting their smiles that required no metal, fewer trips to the dentist, and beautiful results, they would jump at the opportunity. Today, Invisalign® can provide all of these benefits. In McLean, VA, Dr. Han and Dr. Ahn offer Invisalign® to patients of all ages, utilizing cutting-edge technology to achieve stunning results.
Invisalign® delivers straighter teeth and a properly balanced smile while making it easier to maintain excellent oral hygiene. In addition, Dr. Ahn can now further expedite treatment time with Propel® technology.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
First, Dr. Ahn will take x-rays, pictures, and impressions of your teeth. These results will be used to create digital 3-D images that are needed to fabricate your Invisalign® aligners. Based on these images, Dr. Ahn will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth, and the approximate length of treatment. Patients will be shown a virtual representation of how the teeth will move during each phase.
Dr. Ahn will ensure that the structure and foundation of your bite has improved over the course of treatment, and that you are pleased with the beautiful results that Invisalign® delivers.
Based on your individualized treatment plan, a series of clear, custom-made aligners will be created. These aligners offer a variety of benefits:
- The aligners, made of smooth BPA-free plastic, will not irritate your cheeks and gums like metal braces. No brackets or wires are required.
- You can remove aligners for photos, special occasions, when eating, and when brushing and flossing.
- Because you can remove the aligners to eat, your diet will not be restricted in any way during the course of your treatment.
- Because aligners are virtually invisible, most people will not even notice you are wearing them.
- Unlike braces, aligners are easy to clean: no time-consuming hygiene routines are required.
- For patients with a busy schedule, check-ins with the doctor are needed less frequently than for patients with traditional braces.
It is strongly recommended that you wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours per day in order to see the best results in the shortest amount of time.
Approximately every two weeks, you should be ready for your next set of aligners, advancing you to the next stage of treatment. To monitor your progress, you will have occasional checkups with Dr. Ahn, typically every six weeks.
Propel®: Cutting-edge Orthodontic Technology
A recently developed orthodontic therapy called Propel® may be added on to your Invisalign® treatment to deliver enhanced results in less time than ever before. Propel® often cuts treatment time in half.
This method accelerates the work of Invisalign® by stimulating bone regrowth, increasing blood flow, and restoring jaw tissue quickly, as teeth shift position during orthodontic treatment. Propel® also makes it easier for teeth to come into proper alignment, as bone on either side of the tooth becomes more pliable.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign®?
While the best way to determine whether you are a candidate for Invisalign® is to see Dr. Ahn, there are some general guidelines that may determine if this treatment could be right for you:
- You have healthy teeth and gums that are free of damage and decay.
- You are committed to your treatment schedule and to remembering to replace aligners after brushing your teeth or eating a meal.
- Your teeth are slightly crooked or misaligned, or you have gaps in your smile.
- You are willing to wear your aligners for the recommended amount of time.
Why Choose Dr. Ahn?
Unlike general dentists who also offer Invisalign®, Dr. Ahn is a certified specialist in orthodontics. She is a leading expert in all types of orthodontics, including Invisalign® and Propel® technology, and tailors each treatment for optimal results. Dr. Ahn also incorporates top-notch instruments for proper diagnoses, as well as advanced materials and technology, including 3M products, digital cephalometric radiographs, 3-D scans, growth pattern scans, and more.
Schedule Your Consultation
Contact our helpful staff today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ahn to determine whether you are a candidate for Invisalign®. Not only does this system offer unparalleled aesthetic results, it will also improve your overall oral health.
Dr. Ahn will guide you through the entire process, ensuring that the structure and foundation of your bite has improved over the course of treatment, and that you are pleased with the beautiful results that Invisalign® delivers.