Our McLean, VA, practice offers dental crowns to restore the function and beauty of damaged or decayed teeth. Dr. Daniel Han works with each patient to ensure the finished restoration achieves their oral health and aesthetic goals. This solution can also be used in conjunction with a dental implant to replace a single lost tooth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns reinforce the structure of a tooth while enhancing the overall look of your smile. The dental crown, typically fabricated from porcelain, covers the tooth down to the gum line. The protective “cap” protects the tooth from further damage while allowing it to contribute to functions such as chewing and enunciating.
Dental crowns can:
- Repair damage
- Improve your ability to chew and speak
- Protect the tooth from further deterioration, infection, or damage
- Correct aesthetic issues such as discoloration or dullness that cannot be addressed with teeth whitening
- Restore dental implants to fill gaps in the smile left by a lost tooth
Dr. Daniel Han works with each patient to ensure the finished restoration achieves their oral health and aesthetic goals.
Dental Crown Candidacy
Dental crowns are frequently recommended in cases of:
- Broken, cracked, or fractured teeth: Damaged teeth can cause significant discomfort and pose a threat to overall oral health. Dental crowns protect teeth from further harm.
- Dull, discolored, or misshapen teeth: Dental crowns cover the visible surface of a tooth to conceal cosmetic imperfections.
- Large or extensive fillings: Large or extensive fillings weaken the tooth and leave it more susceptible to cracks or breaks. A dental crown can provide additional protection.
- Root canal therapy: Root canal therapy removes all soft tissue within a tooth in order to resolve an infection. Dental crowns are often placed to strengthen and support teeth that have undergone root canal treatment.
- Missing teeth: Dental crowns are securely placed onto dental implants to replace single lost teeth.
What to Expect during the Procedure
When receiving a new dental crown from Dr. Han, you can expect your procedure to follow these fundamental steps:
- Dr. Han numbs the area around the tooth. This allows him to alter the natural tooth so it can serve as an anchor for the dental crown.
- Once the tooth has been treated, Dr. Han will take impressions or 3D images of your teeth. These will aid in creating the final porcelain crown. The impressions and images, along with your unique tooth shade analysis, are sent to a dental laboratory where your custom crown is fabricated.
- A temporary restoration may be placed while the final crown is being created. It is important to be careful when chewing with the temporary crown, as it is not as strong as the final restoration.
- Lastly, once the final crown is ready, Dr. Han removes the temporary restoration and replaces it with the final crown.
Dr. Han partners with Horizon Anesthesia to provide world-class sedation options for those who are nervous about dental work. Our patients can rest easy knowing that their sedation is being administered by board-certified anesthesiologists.
Contact Us for More Information
A lack of dental insurance or payment options should not hold you back from receiving the care you need. At our practice, we accept CareCredit®. This medical financing plan allows you to receive the care you need when you need it, with payment plans that fit your budget.
If you would like to learn more about dental crown treatment by Dr. Han, please contact a member of our team at (703) 356-7001.
“We are here to provide additional information regarding dental crowns and bridges, and look forward to helping you achieve all of your dental goals.” The Staff of Han & ahn DMD, PC