Meet Dr. Sooyeon Ahn: McLean's Expert Orthodontist
Dr. Ahn grew up in the northern suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, and has an extensive education that expands beyond the orthodontic prowess for which she is most notably acclaimed. After receiving her Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, she enrolled at the University of Pennsylvania to earn her Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree. Dr. Ahn was accepted into the program with four years of scholarship.
Dr. Ahn graduated from the DMD program with honors and distinction and received several awards, including induction to the national dental honor society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU). Dr. Ahn’s passion for the field of orthodontics led her to enroll in the post-doctorate program at the University of Pennsylvania, where she received her specialty Certificate in Orthodontics.
Dr. Ahn’s philosophy is to treat each patient with honesty and respect, and to provide the best care possible by being devoted to continuing education and by being an active member of dental societies.
Outside of practice, Dr. Ahn enjoys spending quality time with friends and family, watching movies, listening to music, and reading books.
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine graduate- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Board Eligible for American Board of Orthodontics
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine postdoctoral certificate- Orthodontics
This comprehensive orthodontist in McLean is also a member in good standing of:
- Amercian Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Virginia Dental Association (VDA)
- Northern Virginia Dental Association (NVDA)
Dr. Ahn provides comprehensive dentistry as an orthodontist in McLean to Great Falls, Tyson’s Corner, Vienna, Oakton, Fairfax and Arlington, VA.